There are growing problems in men's health.
- Isolation, loneliness and depression are now looming as major men's health issues.
- Last year in Australia, there were 10 million consultations on mental health, alone.
- The health system is straining to cope.
- There is an inability of health services to engage men who are ignoring their health issues.
- There is little evidence of health services addressing the 'Baby Boomers' crisis.
- There is insufficient attention being paid to preventative activities.
- The gap in Indigenous health is too big and needs urgent attention.
- Men's sheds a Vital Link to the Health Professionals